The U of T Rock Climbing Club (UTRCC) has recently merged with the U of T Outing Club (UTOC). As a sub-committee under UTOC, this climbing club will be a great way for you to connect with other climbers and lovers of the great outdoors! Becoming a member of UTOC gives you the following benefits:
- A membership to the Alpine Club of Canada* (normally 50$ for the year) which gives you access to half off climbing nights weekly at gyms across Toronto and discounts at climbing cabins across Canada, including:
TRUE NORTH CLIMBING, TORONTO CLIMBING ACADEMY, ROCK OASIS, ACC HUTS ACROSS CANADA AND MORE
- Access to the UTOC cabin at Blue Mountain which is home to the beautiful (and climbable!) Metcalfe rock, and Old Baldy
- Opportunities to attend other non-climbing UTOC events and outdoor trips
- Access to UTOC's gear library filled with sweet climbing and other outdoor equipment that you can rent
Even if you don't think that the UTOC membership is for you, you're still welcome to come out and climb with us or post in this group if you ever want to just go out for a casual last-minute climb with some cool people.
Contact the climbing committee (email@example.com) if you would like more information, or would like to join the committee to plan future events.
Follow us on our facebook group to hear about some events!
Note: CURRENTLY WE WILL NO LONGER BE APPLYING FOR ACC memberships until the SUMMER.
* ACC student membership is applied for once a semester (Late September, February). Members who have joined between periods will have to wait until the next membership application process to obtain their ACC membership number.
* UTOC ACC student memberships expire every year on August 31, and membership must be renewed to obtain a new ACC membership.